Penal Code Section 105
Commencement and continuance of the right of private defence of property
105. (1) The right of private defence of property commences when a reasonable apprehension of danger to the property commences.
(2) The right of private defence of property against theft continues till the offender has effected his retreat with the property, or till assistance of the public authorities is obtained, or till the property has been recovered.
(3) The right of private defence of property against robbery continues as long as the offender causes or attempts to cause to any person death, or hurt, or wrongful restrain, or as long as the fear of instant death, or of instant hurt, or of instant personal restraint continues.
(4) The right of private defence of property against criminal trespass or mischief, continues as long as the offender continues in the commission of criminal trespass or mischief.
(5) The right of private defence of property against housebreaking by night continues as long as house-trespass which has been begun by such housebreaking continues.
Please refer to the Attorney General's Chamber of Malaysia's website for the latest law.