A suggested basic compliance checklist that is in accordance to Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. You may need to fill in more details pertaining to the questions asked to explain when the enforcement agencies decide to take action against you. It is suggested this Checklist is for sole proprietors, businesses that have less than 5 employees or startups that want to have basic ideas of data protection compliance.
Please be advised in order to have a proper audit, kindly refer to a law firm or data protection professionals who is able to advise you accordingly. This Checklist does not cover operational or technological compliance, and is not exhaustive.
Table of Contents
- Important definitions
- Section 1: Application of Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010
- Section 2: Obligations of Data User
- Section 3: Data User registration
- Section 4: Sensitive Personal Data
- Section 5: Transfer of Data Outside of Malaysia